About AA Insurance
AA Insurance is the insurance arm of AA- the world renowned auto services provider. Founded in 1930, AA originally offered a range of roadside service options for drivers. As an authorised financial service provider, AA Insurance offers all kinds of insurance options, and is part of the large Telesure Group (which also includes other insurance companies, such as: Auto and General Insurance, Budget Insurance, Dial Direct Insurance, and First for Women). In fact, all AA Insurance insurance policies are underwritten (financially backed) by Auto and General. The current directors of AA Insurance South Africa are Karen-Anne Bryden and Nico Philippus Crous.
AA Insurance Contact Details
The headquarters of AA Insurance are located, along with many other Telesure companies, at: Auto & General Park, 1 Telesure Lane, Riverglen, Dainfern 2191. You can reach the company by phone on 0860 34 63 61. Unfortunately, the AA Insurance website (found at www.aainsured.co.za) does not offer an email address for contact, though there is an option to enter your phone number so that a representative can call you back.
Which Services Do AA Insurance Provide?
As you might expect, AA Insurance provide for a wide range of vehicle insurance options. However, the company also provides business insurance, personal accident and funeral insurance and buildings insurance, as well as household insurance.
Home Contents Insurance with AA Insurance
An AA home insurance policy will protect the contents of your home in the case of natural disaster, fire, explosion, lightening, malicious damage (such as vandalism), falling trees, theft and break ins, and water damage (such as that caused by leaking pipes or burst geysers). The policy has the following features:
- Coverage for home contents, including furniture, clothes, electronics and gardening tools;
- Coverage for the theft of possessions belonging to guests or domestic workers;
- Coverage for food in fridges or freezers that is spoiled due to power outages;
- Coverage for garden furniture and washing hung outside;
- Coverage for the loss of documents, stamps and coins, as well as for the fraudulent use of stolen credit cards;
- Coverage for medical expenses (should someone be injured by a defect in your building or by a family pet) and vet expenses (should your pet be injured in a road accident);
- Coverage for the death of you and your spouse in the event that death is caused by fire or break in;
- Coverage for the breakage of glass, mirrors and TV sets;
- Coverage for belongings that are stolen or damaged in a removal van;
- Coverage of fire brigade costs;
- Coverage of the cost of accommodation should you be unable to live in your home for a certain amount of time after an insured event;
- Householders Liability (which includes tenants liability) to help you pay costs or legal costs should someone be injured in your home, or should you be liable for damage caused to a rented building, with options to increase coverage to R5 million, R10 million or R20 million.
When signing a home contents policy from AA Insurance you will also get a free AA Advantage Plus membership, offering you access to AA's roadside services such as vehicle towing and car rental.
How Are Consumer Reviews for AA Insurance?
The consumer review site Hellopeter lists 111 reports concerning AA Insurance from the last 12 months, these reviews are about all AA Insurance services, not just their home insurance sector. Of these reviews, 72 are positive, giving AA Insurance a 65% positive rating. Many of these compliments were about the high standard of customer service offered by AA, and this is proven by the fact that nearly every report on the site had a response from an AA Insurance customer service representative. The negative reviews were quite varied, but the main theme seemed to be slow claim settlements, something that we've seen many people complain about in the insurance companies that we've reviewed.
How User Friendly is the AA Insurance Website?
Our initial mistake was to assume that we could find information about insurance through the main AA website. However, this is not true, and you must go to the official AA Insurance website. Once on the insurance website we found that we had a very pleasant user experience. Information was easy to find, and it was easy to navigate between pages. One thing that we particularly liked is that the site gave a brief overview of each policy, and then a link to a file with more detailed information. This meant that it was easy to get an idea of policy options before going in depth. The only real complaint that we have about the AA Insurance website is that we couldn't find an option to contact the company by email. These days, many of us rely on email communication as fast and convenient, and it seems a serious oversight that we can only contact AA by phone.
AA Insurance in a Nutshell
AA Insurance offer a comprehensive household insurance policy, and give plenty of information on their nicely designed website. Customer reviews for the company are quite encouraging too, with Hellopeter giving AA a 65% positive rating. It is important, however, that you compare different companies to see who is going to offer you the best policy for your needs. We always recommend getting as many different insurance quotes as possible before making this important decision!
Main subject: AA Insurance