About ADT Security
ADT Security was originally founded in 1874 in the United States, though the company was at first a telegram delivery service. It wasn’t until 1910 that ADT became involved in the home security sector. Nowadays, ADT Security operates in fifty countries around the world, and is a division of Tyco International a security company with headquarters in Switzerland. ADT South Africa dates from 2001. The current Managing Director of ADT in South Africa is D.B. Strydom.
ADT Security Contact Information
The physical headquarters of ADT Security are located at ADT House, 1 Charles Crescent, Eastgate Ext. 4, Sandton, 2196. You can contact the company by mail at: P.O. Box 782224, Sandton, 2146. For general enquiries the phone number for ADT is 0860 100 911, and the email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Finally, the company website can be found at www.adt.co.za.
Which Services Do ADT Security Provide?ADT divide their services into four major areas: residential security, retail security, commercial security, and banking and financial security. On the residential front, ADT have a number of activities, including installing home alarm systems, guarding residences, armed response and CCTV.
Security Systems from ADT
ADT Security offers a range of options to protect your home, and your solution will be tailored to your needs. In terms of options that you can expect, ADT offer the following:
- Installation and monitoring of intruder alarms (including traditional burglar alarms as well as motion sensors, video cameras and the like), smoke alarms, carbon monoxide alarms, CCTV, and panic buttons;
- Armed response units available 24 hours a day, seven days a week that will come to your home should an alarm sound or should you call and ask for assistance;
- Home guarding services;
- Access to Europ Assistance, who will respond in a medical emergency to treat an injured party or transport them to hospital;
- A Meet and Greet Service that will send an armed response officer to your home to escort you inside should you feel that something is amiss with your property;
- A subscription waiver should you become injured, disabled or retrenched, or upon the death of the contract holder (limited to six to twelve months);
- Installation of electric fencing to protect the perimeter of your property;
- Access Control, which allows an armed response officer to open your home should you lose your keys, or should someone (such as a child) need to enter your home and you are unable to let them in.
How Are Customer Reviews for ADT Security?
There are 1553 reviews of ADT Security posted on hellopeter, a website that lets consumers rate service providers. Of these, 1442 are negative, and 111 are positive. Complaints about the company seem to center around bad customer service, as well as billing problems. Encouragingly, very few complaints seem to be about ADT’s security services. ADT Security representatives have responded to all of these reviews, both positive and negative, which indicates that they do listen to customer concerns and that online feedback is important to the company.
How User Friendly is the ADT Website?
We found the ADT Security website quite user friendly. Information is neatly divided into categories, making it easy to find what you’re looking for, and options are explained in clear, easy to understand language. One small thing that we did notice was that when we clicked on “added benefits” we were taken to a page about moving house, which is something that ADT might want to check out. However, if you’re looking for home security solutions then the ADT Security website provides a simple guide to the kinds of alarms and services you might want.
ADT Security in Conclusion
As one of the largest security companies in South Africa, ADT Security offers a wide range of services. Their residential security options are tailor made to you and your property, meaning that we can’t tell you exactly what you will get for your money. Consumer reviews for ADT aren’t great, but on the plus side their were few complaints about actual security matters since many negative reviews were about financial issues and customer service. Getting good home security is important, not just because you want to protect your home. A good security or alarm system can mean lowering your home insurance payments dramatically. Of course, you should check out all your options and get quotes from several different companies in order to ensure you’re getting the right service at the right price.
Main subject: ADT Security;