About Chubb Alarms
Chubb Alarms are offered by Chubb Security, a company with a long history in the home security market. Founded in 1818 in the United Kingdom, Chubb was initially a company that made locks. After the Second World War, the company expanded to include Chubb alarms, Chubb safes and various other forms of security. The company’s main headquarters are still in the United Kingdom, and Chubb is now a division of the United Technologies Corporation. The current managing director of Chubb Security South Africa is Neville Rothfusz.
Chubb Security Contact Information
The head office of Chubb Security is located at Chubb House, Horison Park, 842 Pheasant Street, Roodepoor. The company's customer service number is 0861 002 211. Unfortunately, we could not find an email address for Chubb, but their website (found at www.chubb.co.za) does offer a contact form that you can fill out and a representative will contact you by email.
Which Services Do Chubb Security Provide?
Chubb provide a wide range of security products and services, ranging from Chubb alarms to Chubb armed response teams. They also provide electric fencing and CCTV, as well as a range of fire services as well.
Security Systems from Chubb Alarms
As mentioned, Chubb provide a range of products so that you can design your home security system and alarms systems to meet your needs. These options include:
- A full range of alarm systems covering intruder alarms, internal alarms and motion detectors, CCTV, security doors and intercoms, alarms can be monitored if desired (i.e. connected to Chubb who will respond to alarms should they go off);
- Chubb Armed Response, a fleet of vehicles available 24 hours a day to respond to emergencies and alarms;
- Access Control systems to protect entrances into your property, with options including entry by card or by biometric data;
- Electric fencing to protect the perimeter of your property, which again can be monitored if desired;
- Wireless surveillance and CCTV cameras, which can be connected to alarms or to a mobile phone to allow you to see what is happening in areas of your property;
- Chubb 911, a mobile phone service that allows you to contact up to ten people (Chubb Security monitoring, your neighbours, or family, for example) at the touch of one button on your mobile phone, this allows quick communication in the case of an emergency.
How Are Customer Reviews for Chubb Security?
Hellopeter, the consumer review website, lists 385 reviews of Chubb from the last year. Of these reviews, 370 are complaints. There are two main areas of complain: billing and financial criticism, and complaints about armed response times. Obviously, as a security customer you will want Chubb Armed Response to respond as quickly as possible to alarms, and it seems that some customers have had problems with this. This may be something that Chubb customer service representatives will want to look into.
How User Friendly is the Chubb Website?
The Chubb Security website was packed with information. The website is clearly divided into sections, making it easy to find what you need, and there are clear explanations of different products and what they can do to help protect your home. There was little technical language, and Chubb do a great job of explaining their services. There is even a section with advice on how to better protect your property. All in all, we have nothing negative to say about the Chubb website. In our opinion, this site makes home security shopping easy, and that’s all we could ask for!
Chubb Security in a Nutshell
Chubb is one of the oldest and largest security companies on the market, and they offer plenty of product options. This means that you get lots of flexibility when designing your home security systems. Their website does a great job of explaining options, even to those who might not be familiar with security products. Consumer reviews aren’t too encouraging, but do remember that customers are always more likely to complain than to compliment. You should also remember that the benefits of having a home security system installed are more than just feeling safe. Many insurance companies offer lower monthly premiums on household insurance with a good quality alarm system installation. Obviously, you will want to check out all your options though, getting quotes from different companies to ensure that you're getting the best system for your home at the best price.
Main subject: Chubb Alarms;