About CIB Insurance
CIB Insurance are a short term insurance provider, which simply means that they offer policies such as car and home insurance, but do not offer long term policies such as life insurance. The company was established in 1994 and offers policies only through brokers, servicing around 1000 brokers in South Africa. This means that you cannot buy policies directly from the company themselves, you must first go through an insurance broker. CIB Insurance is underwritten (financially backed) by RMB Structured Insurance Limited. The current CEO of the company is Douglas Donnelly, and CIB's managing director is Wilhelm von la Chevallerie.
CIB Insurance Contact Details
You will find the headquarters of CIB Insurance at 15E Riley Road, Riley Road Office Park, Bedfordview, Gauteng 2008, and the company also has a mailing address at Private Bag X1600, Bedfordview, Gauteng 2008. You can contact CIB by phone on +27 (0) 11 455 5101, and by email at email@example.com. Finally, the company website address is www.cib.co.za.
Which Services Do CIB Insurance Provide?
CIB Insurance provides for a range of short term insurance needs, including speciality products such as agriculture and engineering insurance. They also provide personal insurance, including vehicle, building and household insurance.
Home Contents Insurance with CIB Insurance
Home insurance from CIB Insurance is a comprehensive policy that protects your furniture and belongings from damage, theft or loss. Included in the policy is coverage for the following:
- Accidental damage;
- Damage, loss or theft of property belonging to guests or domestic employees;
- Covers money, credit and debit cards as well as mobile phone SIM cards;
- Also covers the contents of your fridge and freezer in case of spoilage due to power cuts;
- Covers goods left outside, as well as property in outbuildings and property that is being transported;
- Accidental death is covered in the case that a defect in your home leads to death;
- Vet expenses are covered (in case of a pet being injured) as well as medical expenses (in case someone is injured in your home due to a building defect);
- The contents of a home office are also covered;
- Locks, keys and remote locking devices are covered in case they should be damaged during a break in or attempted break in;
- Coverage of fire brigade costs;
- There is coverage for loss of water due to leakage in storage tanks;
- Emergency accommodation is covered (in case you should be unable to stay in your home after an insured event), as is the cost of guards (if they are necessary because your home cannot be secured) and trauma treatment;
- You will be covered for damage caused by wild animals;
- Theft is covered, even if it does not involve forcible entry;
- Electronics are covered against damage from power surges;
- Identity theft is covered;
- Finally, loss of rent is also covered, in the case that you lose rental income due to an insured event.
In addition, you can also get optional cover (for a higher premium) for landslips and subsidence, and premiums are automatically adjusted every year by 10% to take inflation into account.
How Are Customer Reviews for CIB Insurance?
Hellopeter, the consumer review website, lists only 53 reports concerning CIB Insurance from the last twelve months. This is quite a low number compared to other insurance companies that we've reviewed, and these reports also concern all of CIB's policies, not only home insurance. However, consumer experience is likely to be similar no matter what kind of policy you're shopping for. Out of 53 reports, an astounding 48 were complaints, which gives CIB a 90% negative rating. This is discouraging news for insurance shoppers. The main subject of complaint was poor customer service, as well as slow claim fulfilment and claim refusal. A CIB representative did respond to all reports, however. Even so, these reviews may make some potential customers think twice before choosing CIB.
How User Friendly is the CIB Insurance Website?
We had a great user experience on the CIB website, completely frustration free. Information is easy to find, the site is easy to navigate, and there are plenty of details given about each kind of policy. Everything is explained simply and clearly, and there was no use of technical household insurance terms and definitions, making shopping very easy. All in all, we have nothing negative to say about the CIB Insurance website, the company have done an excellent job of presenting their products.
CIB Insurance in Summary
CIB Insurance offer a range of short term policies, including a very comprehensive home contents insurance policy. Their website is user friendly, and gives plenty of detail for potential customers. However, consumer reports aren't too encouraging, with Hellopeter giving CIB a 90% negative rating. Of course, you can't base such an important decision solely on the experience of others. It's always important that you get as many insurance quotes as possible before choosing a policy. This will ensure that you get the best policy for you at the best price.
Main subject: CIB Insurance