About Dial Direct Insurance
Dial Direct Insurance is an online insurance company that's part of the large Telesure Group of companies. Telesure includes many other insurance providers, such as 1st for Women, Auto and General, Virgin Money Insurance, Unity Insurance, Budget Insurance and Prosper. Dial Direct Insurance South Africa was founded in 2003, though originally Dial Direct was a UK based company. The head of the Telesure Group, and therefore the head of Dial Direct, is currently T. J. Creamer.
Where is Dial Direct Located?
The Dial Direct contact address is Auto & General Park, 1 Telesure Lane, Riverglen, Dainfern, which is where you will also find many other Telesure Group company headquarters.
Which Services Do Dial Direct Insurance Provide?
Dial Direct Insurance provide for many different kinds of insurance needs. As well as household insurance, they also offer vehicle, buildings, life, business and vehicle insurance.
Home Insurance with Dial Direct
Household contents insurance from Dial Direct covers all the possessions in your home. Basically the policy covers you for:
- Malicious or intentional damage to your possessions, such as could occur during a break in;
- Theft or break in;
- Washing stolen from a washing line or garden furniture stolen from your garden;
- Money stolen from your home, as long as there is evidence that a break in has occurred;
- Locks or keys that are damaged during a break in.
Note that unlike some other home insurance policies, the Dial Direct Insurance policy makes no mention of lost items, or of any other kind of natural disaster damage, such as flooding. The only information we can find on the Dial Direct website indicates that this policy is geared more towards break ins and burglaries.
You can read more about What is household insurance and why do you need it in this website.
Dial Direct Insurance also offers some additional benefits to the above basic features of a policy, though in some cases you will need to pay higher premiums to get these. These benefits are:
- Ability to upgrade your householders liability coverage to R5, R10, or R20 million;
- Coverage for food that spoils in a refrigerator or freezer during a power outage;
- Coverage for items stolen from guests staying in your home;
- Coverage for medical costs coming from an injury caused by your pet or by a defect in your home;
- A Simple Smart Bonus which pays either 25% of all your premiums paid or the total of your first year of premiums (whichever is lowest) back to you after four years with no claims;
- Vet expenses for pets injured in road accidents;
- The ability to choose a comprehensive plan (which covers everything) or a policy that covers only what you deem important.
How Are Consumer Reviews for Dial Direct Insurance?
Hellopeter, the website which allows consumers to rate service providers, has 1062 reports regarding Dial Direct Insurance from the last twelve months. Out of these, 726 are positive, giving Dial Direct a 68% plus rating. This is encouraging for future customers. Many reviews complimented Dial Direct's customer service. On the negative side, there were a few complaints about the company spamming customers with unwanted SMSs and emails, something that's becoming very common these days. All of the reports did have feedback from a Dial Direct Insurance representative. We have to note that these reports were about all of Dial Direct's insurance options, not just about home insurance, though it's unlikely that customer experience in say, vehicle insurance, is likely to be much different than in household insurance.
How User Friendly is dialdirect.co.za?
The Dial Direct Insurance website was basically a user friendly experience. Information is very easy to find, and a menu appears at the top of every page making it easy to navigate between pages. There was a fair amount of information about policies, though there were a few technical household insurance terms and definitions that could have been better explained. On the whole though, the Dial Direct Insurance website was pretty free of frustration.
Dial Direct Insurance in Summary
Part of the large Telesure Group, Dial Direct Insurance offers a range of insurance policies, including home contents insurance. This household insurance policy seems quite comprehensive, though may not cover damage to possessions from floods, for example (or at least, the Dial Direct website does not mention if it does). Consumer reviews for Dial Direct are quite reassuring for customers too. Insurance is a big decision, and not one that you can base solely on customer reviews, however. We do recommend that you get quotes from as many companies as possible before deciding. If you click on the banner above or the top right of our home page you can get up to 9 free quotes to help get you started.
Main subject: Dial Direct Insurance