About Old Mutual Insurance
Old Mutual Insurance is part of Old Mutual, one of South Africa's largest financial services providers. The company was founded more than a hundred and fifty years ago, and alongside its two sister companies- Mutual and Federal and Nedbank, offers a range of different financial based services. The CEO of Old Mutual South Africa is currently Ralph Mupita. As well as serving South Africa, Old Mutual Insurance also has branches in Kenya, Namibia, Swaziland, Malawi and Zimbabwe.
Old Mutual Insurance Contact Details
Old Mutual head office can be found at 93 Grayston Drive, corner of West Road South, Sandton, Johannesburg. You can contact the company for enquiries regarding household insurance by phone on 0860 93 94 93. If you wish to email Old Mutual Insurance, you'll need to head to their website at www.oldmutual.co.za and fill out the contact form so that a representative can email you back.
Which Services Do Old Mutual Insurance Provide?
Old Mutual provide a range of financial services which include both retirement planning and investment. Old Mutual Insurance provides various insurance options, including life, vehicle, buildings, business and home contents insurance. Short term insurance Old Mutual policies, which include home insurance, are sold under the iWYZE brand name.
Household Insurance with Old Mutual
The home insurance policy offered by Old Mutual covers your personal property for the following situations:
- Theft or attempted break ins;
- Loss or damage due to wilful acts (which includes vandalism, for example);
- Damage caused by explosions, lightening or fire;
- Damage caused by water, which includes burst pipes or leaking geysers;
- Damage caused by natural disasters, such as storms, floods or earthquakes;
- Damage caused by animals, vehicles, aircraft, or trees.
An Old Mutual Insurance home contents policy includes the following features:
- Coverage for fire brigade costs;
- Coverage for alternative accommodation should you not be able to stay in your home;
- Coverage for damage caused by monkeys or baboons;
- Coverage to pay for cleaning up after an event that leads to a claim;
- Householder's Liability coverage (which covers you should someone else be injured on your property, or in case someone else's property is stolen from your home);
- Tenant's Liability coverage (which covers you in case you need to pay for damage caused to a property you're renting).
Old Mutual Insurance also offers optional benefits that you may add to your home insurance policy if you wish, though you will pay extra premiums in order to add these benefits. Your optional choices are:
- Possibility to cover property belonging to guests or to domestic workers;
- Possibility to cover the cost of replacing documents (such as birth certificates);
- Possibility to cover the contents of your home freezer or refrigerator (in case the device should break down or there is a power failure);
- Possibility to cover the cost of replacing keys, remote access devices and locks;
- Possibility to cover the cost of a security guard for your home should an event leave your home insecure;
- Possibility to cover the cost of replacing your home phone line should it be damaged;
- Possibility to cover both medical and vet expenses in case your pet should be injured or in case your pet should injure someone else;
- Possibility to cover trauma counselling, in the event that counselling be needed.
How Are Consumer Reviews for Old Mutual Insurance?
Hellopeter, which is a website allowing customers to rate service providers, lists 190 reports about iWYZE (the name under which Old Mutual Insurance's short term policies are sold) from the last twelve months. Keep in mind that these reviews are about all short term insurance products, not just household insurance. Of these, 160 were negative, giving Old Mutual an 84% negative rating. This is a relatively high rating compared to other insurance companies that we've reviewed. Many reviews cited poor customer service, claims unfulfilled, slow feedback and response times and even breach of contract on behalf of the company. Obviously, this isn't encouraging for potential customers. However, an Old Mutual Insurance representative did respond to all comments on the site, which is one positive thing.
How User Friendly is the Old Mutual Insurance Website?
We found the Old Mutual Insurance website to be easy to navigate, and finding the information that we needed was quite simple. Information was clearly laid out and easy to understand for the average shopper, and there was plenty of info about each policy. The only negative thing we experienced was that you do need to click through a couple of different pages before getting in depth information about a policy, which just adds those few extra seconds when doing research. However, in general the website was simple and non-frustrating.
Old Mutual Insurance in a Nutshell
Under the iWYZE name Old Mutual Insurance offers a comprehensive home contents insurance policy, and getting information from their website is simple. However, customer reviews of the company are far from good. That's not to say that you will have a bad experience with Old Mutual though. It's always important to shop around and get quotes from as many companies as possible before making your decision to find the right policy for you. By clicking on the top right of the home page, or by clicking on the banner above, you can get up to 9 free home insurance quotes to help with the shopping process. It's fast and pain free, we promise!
Main subject: Old Mutual Insurance