Woolworths South Africa was founded in the 1930s by Max and Richard Sonnenberg, and the company is best known as a retailer, with over 400 stores throughout Africa and the Middle East. However, the company does also offer a handful of financial services. Through a partnership with Auto and General, Woolworths offers several short term insurance policies. This means that any household insurance policy that you buy will be backed by Auto and General, though it will be sold by Woolworths and they will be your contact in case a claim needs to be made. The current CEO of Woolworths South Africa is Ian Moir.
Woolworths Contact Details
You can find the headquarters of Woolworths at Woolworths House, 93 Longmarket Street, Cape Town 8001. There is also a mailing address for the company at P.O. Box 680, Cape Town 8000. If you wish to contact Woolworths by phone their number for all financial services issues is 021 411 5000, and you can call seven days a week between 07:30 and 21:00. Email enquiries regarding financial services can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Finally, the company website address is woolworths.co.za.
Which Services Do Woolworths Insurance Provide?
Woolworths insurance option include car and other vehicle insurance, as well as cell phone, personal accident and household insurance.
Woolworths Home Contents Insurance
A Woolworths home insurance policy will cover belongings in your home and out buildings on your property from theft and damage caused by fire, explosions, water (such as burst pipes), malicious damage (such as vandalism), earthquakes, floods, storms and impacts (such as from aircraft, for example). The policy has the following features:
- Items belonging to guests and domestic workers in your home are covered;
- Laundry hanging outside and garden furniture are covered;
- The contents of your fridge and freezer are covered in case spoilage occurs due to power outages;
- Money in your home is covered as long as there is evidence of a break in, and credit and debit cards are also covered in case an unauthorised person should use them (meaning your insurance will pay at least part of the resulting bill);
- Coins, stamps and personal documents are all covered;
- Death of the insured or their spouse is covered if it results from fire or break in;
- Medical expenses are covered if an injury occurs due to a fault in your building or is caused by a family pet;
- Vet expenses are covered in case your pet is injured in a road accident;
- Mirrors, glass and TVs are covered against accidental breakage;
- Belongings inside a removal truck are covered;
- Fire brigade charges are covered;
- Should you be unable to live in your home after an insured event then rent for other accommodation is covered (though the Woolworths website does not state for how long);
- You will have householders liability (in case someone should be injured or die in your home) and tenants liability (in case you live in a rented property and are responsible for damages to the building);
- You will have domestic employee liability, in case an employee should be injured or die whilst working for you in your home.
What Isn't Covered
Unlike some insurance companies, Woolworths also provides a list of things that are specifically not covered in their home contents policy. These include:
- Items that are insured under their own policy (such as valuable jewellery, for example);
- Fire damage if your home or an out building has a thatched roof;
- Swimming pool and borehole equipment;
- Items used specifically for business purposes.
How Are Customer Reviews for Woolworths?
The customer review website Hellopeter lists 57 reports regarding Woolworths insurance from the last year. However, 37 of these are compliments, giving Woolworths a 65% positive rating. This is quite a high rating compared to other insurance companies we've reviewed, though the number of reports is quite low. Encouragingly, many of the positive reports were about good customer service, though there were some complaints about poor service along with slow claims processing. A Woolworths representative has replied to every Hellopeter review, which does indicate that customer service is a priority. One small thing to note: these reviews are about all of Woolworths' insurance policies, not only for home insurance, though it's unlikely that customer service differs between insurance segments.
How User Friendly is the Woolworths Website?
The Woolworths website is very user friendly. We found it easy to find the information we needed, and a side menu on every page makes it easy to switch between pages. Policies are explained in clear language, without technical household insurance terms and definitions, making them easy to understand. The only small thing that we didn't like is that information for all insurance policies is listed on one page, which means you need to scroll through a lot of text to find the section that you're interested in. In general though, Woolworths have done a good job of presenting their insurance options in a clear and simple to read format.
Woolworths in a Nutshell
Woolworths insurance is offered through a partnership with Auto and General, and the company offers a comprehensive home contents policy. Their website presents details on the policy in an easy to understand way, and customer reviews look very encouraging. However, you can't base such an important decision simply on other people's experiences. It is always important that you get quotes from as many companies as possible, since this is the only way to be sure that you're getting the best deal.
Main subject: Woolworths